Friday, September 26, 2008

Toooo dull

A reader of this blog has indicated that he feels the financial bits and the political bits are dull.
Quite apart from the fact that they are clearly insightful,penetrating and brilliantly written, perhaps he has a point.
What is a blog? Is it just a collection of stream of consciousness from a person? Does it have a specific topic, like Political Betting, Guido,Iain Dale or Dizzy? Or canal boating like Gypsy Rover? Perhaps blogs should be within categories ( mostly moaning like Wife in the North or Economic like Chris Dillow) so you could choose what you were interested in without having to trawl through endless pages.
Anyway, I think it highly unlikely I will change much here. If there is a point to a blog, I can't help but feel it should be a celebration of the diversity that lies within all of us. That's one reason why the Speccie's Coffee House works well, it has different writers commenting on different things, which makes it like a newspaper where you can skim what doesn't interest you and read in depth what does.
One of my peculiarities is my love of Crossword Puzzles. I came across an anagram the other day which I really liked. I can't remember the clue, but the answer was an anagram of MOONLANDING STORY.
It was STANDING ROOM ONLY.

1 comment:

Whispering Walls said...

Well, call me dull, but I like it