Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The love that jolly well ought to speak it's name.


I have been remiss, dear reader, in not keeping you up to date with the goings on in my realm. I have, perhaps uncharacteristically, been very busy with funerals and other matters, which have kept me away from a keyboard for a longish time.
I have a tale of intrigue and skullduggery to tell, but not the time to do it today.
For the moment, I just want to bring to your attention a new production of Romeo and Juliet.
What's interesting about that, you may say.
Well, it stars Michael Byrne and Sian Phillips. The former is 67.
The latter 77 - and perhaps best known for being married in the 60's to Peter O'Toole.

But my point is, this is ROMEO and JULIET. Surely a couple of wrinklies shouldn't be allowed to play two young lovers?

All I can say is I think it's a brilliant idea. Let's reinvent romance and find such a love in our waning years.

3 comments:

Neil @ DNALogic said...

And who plays the parents of the star-crossed lovers?

Whispering Walls said...

Looking forward to hearing your tales, KL

kinglear said...

Mr. Fact - actually, I've no idea. Maybe they cut them out.....