Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Unnecessary but difficult.

I do rather like Brown's assertion that he will cut unnecessary programmes. I would have assumed if something was unnecessary it would never get started. Of course,being this government, it needs to pretend the unemployment figures are real, so uses its patronage to fund unnecessary programmes for people with non-jobs.
More importantly, I've just filled in a questionnaire which purports to assess whether I am suitable for a particular survey - a survey about a survey.
One of the questions was along the lines of " Do you worry about...?" and a long list of things that it had never occurred to me to even think about let alone worry over.
I liked the question: " Using difficult words?"
Do I worry about using difficult words? I don't think so. But on the other hand, what's a difficult word? Would that be three or more syllables? On that basis I've used several in the last few sentences. Or four? I've used a couple. Or maybe, in this day and age, the really difficult words are not classified by length, but rather by meaning.
I can think of restraint, responsibility, leadership, cuts.
Now there's a few really difficult words to deal with.

No comments: