Friday, July 18, 2008

Crisis!

Yesterday, when I went to get the cheese Fornetti at about 9am, there were none. I was told to come back in an hour. 10 am NONE! 11 am NONE! .. and the Fornetti shop shuts at 11:30.
This morning, I was there just after 7am and bought the biggest bag of cheese Fornetti you have ever seen. Then I asked for "Mere" ( pronounced a bit like merray) which are the apple ones that Alin likes.
THERE WERE NONE!
So I took an executive decision and bought the sweet poppyseed ones for him.
As we set off for our fifth appointment ( the first was my haircut which costs about GBP1 here, the second the lawyer, the third the bank and the fourth ... actually I can't remember) we were both happily munching away. Alin turned to me and said. " Well, Mr.K, the world crisis is over!"
And do you know, I actually felt as if it were true.

No comments: