Thursday, March 29, 2007

Back in Romania

As the Beatles song has it "back in the USSR.. You don't know how lucky you are..."
Not strictly true, but everything starts here at 8am. I was at the Bank promptly this morning, first in the queue. It then took 45 minutes to change some money and pay into our company account here. They have't quite got the idea of Capitalism yet.
But it's a beautiful day, crisp and clear with the sun shining, and I am going to meet interesting people - hopefully to sign a deal.
It is truly a most joyful and amusing place. I was sitting in the bus from Bucharest Airport going to the station and there were a couple of people in the centre of town carrying lambs, with the mother ewes following meekly behind. Wonderful. I assume they were being taken to a butcher's shop.
On the train trip to Sigihisoara, I take a meal as it is very good and cheap. It is also cooked after you order it. I had pork fillet and chips with vegetables, a bottle of beer and coffee. Pounds Sterling 4 including tip. And that is seriously expensive here. I also read a book I've been given about bees and bee-keeping. I won't be doing any of it in the near future, but as I am meeting the bee-keeping cooperative tomorrow I though I better have some knowledge.
If you want to know more have a look at www.transylvaniaholidays.com.

2 comments:

Whispering Walls said...

Good luck with your Romanian apiary meeting. I hope they give you plenty of honey

kinglear said...

ww -20 tonnes at a time