Wednesday, March 14, 2007

One shoe syndrome

I am permanently astonished at the number of single shoes that appear all over the place. I came across one this morning in the yard of our offices. One shoe. A lady's shoe. Quite well made and relatively new. Our yard is locked at night. Noone could have got in, except by climbing over a thirty foot wall and across a railway line.
The only other alternative is that somebody was extremely cross about something, and hurled it over the wall and into the yard. They would have to have been extremely cross. Perhaps a girl with her boyfriend. Or the boyfriend with the girl. Or a drunk girl with herself.
The single shoes do appear everywhere though. I came across one in the carpark at Edinburgh Airport on Friday.
I keep looking for a one-legged person.

2 comments:

Whispering Walls said...

Look inside them - you may see old ladies with loads of children

kinglear said...

ww - har har - yes I hadn't thought of that