Friday, June 01, 2007

In London...

... things go from bad to worse. Two meetings delayed by 90 minutes because the tube stopped. In a tunnel. For 90 minutes. The second one was an accident at Earls Court Road and Cromwell Road. Complete gridlock. No alternative routes. Minimum an hour to get anywhere. Thankfully, I live in Glasgow where people complain if they get held up at traffic lights for more than 60 seconds.
More importantly, it seems to me that, along with the slowing of traffic, the business life, whilst ever more hectic, gets less and less done. I suppose a lot is to do with the back-side covering that goes on,but it is very refreshing when something works. I had one meeting on Thursday afternoon, due for 3:30. I got a text telling me the other party were in place by 3pm, which meant I could grab half an hour at the end of the day. I went with a friend for a drink to the Berkley. They have a lovely bar called, I think, the Blue Room, with a huge cigar humidifier in it. Lots of people were buying extremely expensive killers and smoking them in situ.
They won't be doing that after 1st July.
Anangram of the day:MINCE? HOW? = CHOWMIEN

1 comment:

Whispering Walls said...

The Blue Bar's a stone's throw from my office...let me know when you're next coming down