Wednesday, October 08, 2008

At last!

Finally, everyone has woken up to the fact that
a) They all have to pull in the same direction
b) Sticking plaster is no good when amputation is required
and c) it certainly isn't over yet.
This is, to paraphrase Churchill, not the beginning of the end, but it might just be the end of the beginning.
My own view is that the next year or so could be that once in a lifetime opportunity that we all long for.
I doubt assets will be able to be bought as cheaply in the years to come. My own chance was in 1974/5, but, of course, as a young married man I had no money and I was too busy with my own business to raise my eyes to the bigger picture. The difficulty will, as ever, be separating the wheat from the chaff, and in getting the money to make it work.
But it will happen.
Just don't hold your breath.
PS
It remains to be seen how on earth all this is actually going to be paid for. It certainly makes Brown's Golden Rule look utterly ridiculous.

No comments: