Wednesday, November 19, 2008

All substance, no style.

I had a delightful lunch with the youngest Ms.Lear today.I hadn't seen her since the auspicious birthday, and we spent a very pleasant hour in the cafe at the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square. It was a bit strange eating a Caesar's salad out of a cardboard box, but I suppose I need to move with the times.
We were looking at some photos which included a relative who had reached the magical age of 65, when the State starts paying him, rather than the other way around.
I mentioned this, and Ms. Lear opined that she thought a person actually had to have done some work in order to qualify for a pension. Catty.
Surveying my sartorial resplendence, she also opined, with a sigh, that I was clearly someone of enormous substance,but absolutely no style.
Not too sure if I'll be buying her lunch again.....

1 comment:

Whispering Walls said...

Did you see the Titian?