Monday, March 02, 2009

The dangers of Quantitave Easing

Quantitative Easing has come to the Lear household.
Mrs. Lear eats a banana every morning for breakfast. If its green, yellow or black, it makes no difference to her. Myself, there are about 25 seconds in the life cycle of a banana when it is yellow without a brown spot when I can eat it.
Generally, Mrs. Lear buys a hand of 6 bananas - one for each morning for her and one for me when its perfect.
So imagine my horror when I discovered that this week there are 7 in the hand. The price is the same ( 99p) as the previous week's 6, but I will have to eat 2.
Deflation has set in. QE is rampant. I will have to ease my belt...
My waistline will expand...

1 comment:

Whispering Walls said...

Are you sure you don't mean "quantitative eating"?