Sunday, May 17, 2009

Coming to a constituency near you....

I don't know about you but I am bored with the DT revelations on MPs Troughery. We all knew it happened, we knew some abused it, and for journalists to preach about it is a bit rich - although I daresay things are better now than they used to be.
What I think is interesting is,for the first time in a long time, the country as a whole ( all classes, regions,religions) is united on a subject. Not one person ( apart, of course, from MPs themselves and Speaker Martin in particular) thinks what's being revealed is all right. Everyone condemns it.
That, surely, is a good thing.
Britain, when united, is unbeatable. Perhaps the expenses scandal is what we need to get us through the recession. We all need someone to hate, and at the moment MPs are it.
I'm absolutely certain we shall see changes, and if I was a betting man, I'd say there may well have to be an election this side of Christmas.

1 comment:

Whispering Walls said...

What's your betting on the county council elections?