Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Day before Today

Well, I promised I would report back, and overall it was a pretty good day. Not great, but pretty good.
I had lunch with a friend with lots of amusing chat, the builders are getting on with their work, and nothing dreadful happened. My wife was out at a musical evening ( I declined as I knew it would be poor) so I was able to indulge in pasta and chess. I went to bed to read about 11pm, only to be told to get up at 11:30 and come through to the drawing room, as some friends had been invited back for coffee, and wanted to dissect the evening.
Ah well, it was quite fun, but didn't finish until 1:30, which is too late for my old bones.
However, in the midst of all this was the ITV news. The headline was all to do with a face transplant. The voice over portentously asked " Has science gone too far?"
Unfortunately, on the screen appeared
" GONE TO FAR?"
I have no idea where " Far" is, but I'm not planning to go there.

No comments: