Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Broon the Jonah...

... not content with buggering up sporting fixtures, floods, the economy etc etc, now we have an earthquake.
Does it by any mischance remind you of the plagues of Egypt?
I received a text, passed on to me from a friend whose son lives very close to the epicentre.
When asked if he was thrown about, the reply was " Yes, very much so. I was just getting home from work!I thought the house was going to fall down."
Many years ago I was in Switzerland on the Lake of Geneva when an earthquake hit. It was very minor, but I remember jumping up to run out of the house. My father shouted " Sit down!" which I did. It transpired his thinking was if the roof did come in, at least if any of us survived, we would know where the others were buried. Not too sure about that, personally.

1 comment:

Whispering Walls said...

So much for paternal advice!