Friday, January 05, 2007

Education again

For some reason I have been unable to read Cobbett Rides Again! over the last week or two.
Imagine my delight to pick up this gem today.
"Education goes forward to the past.The Telegraph is reporting that the most gifted pupils are to be given vouchers to enable them 'buy' additional tuition. Don't I recall a similar system which featured something called an 11+ exam and Grammar Schools in the bad old days before comprehensives. There are a couple of other innovative wheezes I've just this second thought up. How about apprenticeships where young people can learn practical skills on the job, and what about turning all those new universities into polytechnics and teaching science and engineering instead of psychology, social science and media studies. No, probably too revolutionary."
I couldn't agree more.

No comments: