Thursday, January 11, 2007

Har Har

Oh, Gawd, it's back to the wind and rain.
But on the other hand I watched " In the Thick of it " last night. The feeling of dying days of an administration, the PERFECT Glaswegian insults delivered by Peter Capaldi and his sidekick, made me rock with glee.
And the namby pamby moronic MPs on both sides perfectly encapsulate why we the public - if we are still allowed to exist - don't trust ANY politicians.
I quite liked the Steve Hilton character - I don't know him personally, but I'm sure he is MUCH more intelligent that this - who, again, perfectly captured the NuTory ethos.
On a real note, it looks like the Tories have £20million or so to fight an election, with Labour in deep trouble financially. Watch out for Brown doing his best to smooze potential donors, which will be like watching a nail-biting rictus from Discworld trying to articulate. As the DT says, he has no conversation.
But then, I have said before elsewhere that I know someone who was on holiday with him years ago for 4 days. Brown took no part in any of the household chores ( shopping, cooking, washing up) nor did he do what such boors normally do as a contribution, which is to entertain everyone with witty repartee and sparkling conversation. He sat reading in silence most of the time, glowering and biting his nails for the remaining few minutes of his day.

No comments: