Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy New Year!

Yes well I've been away, as all the people who read this blog will already know.
I had a lovely time, and just wanted to share three small things with you.
They were in a motorway service station in France.
There was a sign saying that they were responsible vendors and did NOT sell anything of more than 18% alcohol in their restaurant.
Next a lady sitting at the next table ( clearly taking pity on an old git) offered me a glass of her wine. Noone's ever done that anywhere before, and I certainly don't see me being offered a slug of somebody's cola in Newport Pagnall.
Finally - and compare with my view that grandparents' brain's immediately turn to mush at the first wail of the little one - a smart with it granny ( French) was looking after two small ones on the other side from the drinks lady. One of them dropped it's bottle which I picked up and returned to the lady.
She looked witheringly at the child and said " Grandmothers should NOT have to look after their grandchildren!"
No mush there then!

No comments: