Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Not necessarily good for the Tories

I have a thing about being 57 - I hasten to add I have made it past this fateful year of life. I do, however, know many people who have managed to pop their clogs between 56 and 58, and noticed even more in the papers.
I am led to believe if a man makes it past 58, in general terms, he is a pretty good bet to make it into his 70s, and if past 72, he is usually good for a few years more. Apparently, the overall shift to people dying at an older age has not altered this strange blip in the mortality rates.
Gordon Brown is 56 today.
The Tories definitely want him to become leader and survive.

2 comments:

Whispering Walls said...

Robin Cook made it to 59

kinglear said...

ww - yeah well, he was a reasonably honourable man in some respects, unlike others I could mention