1) When you ask them a question, they say they will have to check and get back to you.
2) When you as them the same question two days later, they say they will have tocheck and get back to you.
3) When you ask them on the Monday following, they say they will have to check and get back to you.
4) When you ask them on Wednesday, they say they will need a site meeting.
5) When you have the site meeting on Friday morning, they say they will have to check and get back to you.
6) So when you go ahead because you actually know the answer already, and the workers are starting to stand around doing nothing, they say you have to produce a drawing to show what you have done.
Er, I thought that's what architects did??
And as far as H & SE goes, their efforts do not actually produce one less death, accident or mistake anywhere in the world. It is merely an exercise in backside covering, so that when someone comes along and says, " This went wrong" you can say " Ah well, my paperwork is all in order and therefore I am not to blame."
The French dont have such a thing as H & SE. ( Nor, as far as I know does the rest of Europe)They have kept to the sensible position that if you as a person or a worker do something wrong or stupid, it's your own fault, and you take responsibility for it. In this country, of course, noone can fail and nothing is anybody's fault. What absolute bollocks. No wonder this country is in deep doodah.Arseholes.