Saturday, April 25, 2009

Only have a baby if you're planning to stay married for at least 18 years...

I couldn't possibly use the headline of this article from Takimag on my family blog before 9pm, nor would you want me to, I'm sure, but I was taken by this line:
"The scariest part of this survey however, is what it says about kids: “Children of divorced or never-married mothers are six to 30 times more likely to suffer from serious child abuse than are children raised by both biological parents in marriage". The writer ( who I have never heard of) argues that if you are going to have a baby as a young woman you need to be crazy to try to bring it up on your own. Which is why the girls go for the new "boyfriend".
How many child abuse cases have you seen recently where the biological father battered a wee mite to death?
Thought not.

No comments: